GhostShip edition 1FG 29er
Anyway, the new bike started life as a 2008 Cannondale 1FG 29er (size L) frame that TimmyD gave me. I then stripped the clearcoat and decals off the frame and Ginger and I went to town.
I could have not gotten this outcome without Ginger's help. She was able to see my vision from the get-go and was the mastermind behind getting the logos onto the sticker paper, getting them onto the frame, orienting them as such and determining how much of the frame to be white. Thank You! It came out awesome!
- Base coat of Automotive gray primer (spray can)
- Two coats of Flat Black (spray can)
- Upwards of twelve Ghostship Clothing logos printed out from Adobe Illustrator on sticker paper. Then cut out with an X-Acto knife and laid onto the frame.
- Two coats of Flat White (spray can) ontop of the front triangle with a hand fade to black as you move aft.
- Delicate removal of all the logos
- Minor touch-up with 400grit sandpaper
- Assemble bike
- 22.3lbs with frame pump
- 2009 Cannondale Lefty Speed Carbon SL
- Cannondale 120mm x -5deg stem and steerer tube combo
- Cannondale SI headset
- Custom Seven titanium handlebar (26inch wide, 8deg sweep)
- Shimano XTR disk brakes (160mm 6bolt rotors)
- Mirrycle Incredibell Brass Duet
- Ergon GX1 grips
- Bushnell eccentric bottom bracket shell
- Shimano XTR 175mm crankset with bottom bracket
- Shimano 959 pedals
- SRAM PC58 chain
- Boone Ti 20T rear cog
- Salsa 34T front chainring
- Bontrager water bottle cages
- Thomson Elite seatpost
- Fi'z:ik Nissene saddle
- Cannondale Lefty 32H front hub
- Hope Pro II singlespeed rear hub
- DT Swiss Super Comp spokes with DT alloy nipples
- Stans/Notubes Flow 29er rims with Stans rimtape and valve cores
- Maxxis Crossmark 29x2.1 tires w/ 2 cups of Stans tire sealant