Friday, June 01, 2012

transylvania epic '12 - tussey ridge

Today was the 2012 Trans-Sylvania Epic 'Tussey Ridge Trail' stage. This stage is jamb packed with trails from the Stupid50, Wilderness 101 and the famous Tussey Ridge.

Tussey Ridge is one of my favorite trails to ride. Everyone that heads up onto that ridge absolutely loves it. First time I rode it was SSWC05 and I was way in over my head riding those rocks. Sometime after 2005 there was a fire up there and now it is mostly low lying vegetation. That means as you are navigating a rocky singletrack ridgeline whilst able to see the valley on either side. A pure spine so to speak.

A local PA photographer, Vince Camiolo, snapped this photo of me up on the ridge last year.

This year, Vince was set-up on the ridge with a zip-line and all his camera equipment. He has some really neat camera set-ups this year. I can't wait to see the footage.

Last night Ginger and I went to the Hartford Symphony Orchestra to see Carmina Burana live. This is one of those pieces that you have to see in person. It'll give you goosebumps for the entire 65minute piece.
This is now stuck in my head for this weekend's Bearscat50. Awesome!

The plan this weekend is to head down to NJ and ride the Bearscat50 course tomorrow morning. Then head a little further south and spend some time with my parents and get a good night's sleep. 50miles of awesome technical singletrack on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home