Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1.75 bikes in one box

Bike parts, tools and my actual singlespeed are all packed. I have enough extra parts to build a second bike (minus a frame and fork, etc..). Kind of need to pack this way seeing as we'll be on the other side of the world and in the middle of no where. Can't just run down to the next tent and get a chain or what have you.

lots and lots of stuff. Its gonna get crammed into this box.


what do we have?

~ extra grips
~ extra set of disc brakes
~ extra set of brake rotors
~ three extra sets of brake pads (new & used)
~ one pair of tires
~ five 29er tubes
~ tube patch kit
~ Quart of Stan's Tire Sealant
~ extra set of quick releases
~ up to 30 zip ties
~ leatherman tool
~ chain whip & lockring tool
~ full metric allen wrench set
~ Mavic spoke wrench
~ vice grips
~ torx bit and 1/4" drive ratchet for discs
~ two extra sets of chainring bolts
~ one box of misc chain links
~ four boxes of chains
~ 18T, 19T, 20T, 21T, 22T rear cogs (22 is installed)
~ 32T and 34T front chainrings (32 is installed)
~ Brave Soldier chamois cream
~ container of chain lube
~ container of Shimano disc brake mineral oil
~ two rags
~ Park Tool assembly grease
~ Shimano XTR chainring torx bit wrenches
~ Shimano XTR crankset tool
~ Shimano external shell BB tool
~ electrical tape
~ duct tape
~ chain tool
~ extra steerer tube spacers
~ extra cassette lockring
~ extra cassette spacers
~ extra Mavic 29er spokes
~ extra seat post binder clamp
~ extra water bottle cage bolts
~ extra Thomson stem
~ extra EBB bolts
~ extra Moots ti seatpost clamp pieces
~ suspension fork pump
~ extra Shimano cleats
~ extra SIDI shoe buckles and ankle strap
~ Oakley pouch (spare tube, Co2 pump, zip ties, multi tool... what I typically ride with)
~ two tires worth of Co2
~ frame pump
~ tire levers

I think that is it.





Step 1:


Step 2:


Step 3:


Step 4:




Tomorrow... I start collecting all my clothing and other such 'gear'.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Bikes said...

I don't know if TSA will let you fly with Stan's. I hear Mango Lassi works in a pinch though.

It's OK, I'm really not that ignorant. If I were Indian and one of my Indian pals were flying to the states to do a race, I'd make the same joke but replace "Mango Lassi" with "Mayonaise".

Have fun man, kick ass.

-t

3/10/2009 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home