Saturday, March 07, 2009

preparation for India

Matt from Ghostship Clothing and I went out on the road bikes today. I wanted to see if I knew how to work this new GPS device I picked up for my India Expedition. I also wanted to see how I felt.

Did close to 20miles commuting on the track bike Friday and around 58miles on the road bike today. Feel pretty damn good. This is a good sign!

Now, I have gravitated away from technology whilst riding over the past few years. After riding with Ohio Robb I've become intrigued by his GPS. As a result, I bought one.. specifically for this India trip but think I'm going to use it quite often. I've got it on some setting that doesn't really show anything while riding so I don't even think about it. Its just there to record the data so I can mainly see (and record rides) what I did after the ride was over.



I call this the Ski Sundown loop..

3hrs 53min moving time
5hrs 12mins total (we stopped at Starbucks)
58.5miles
5,513 total elevation gain
60F average temp
15mph average




View Larger Map


Time to overhaul the singlespeed and spend the rest of the weekend sorting my gear out.

1 Comments:

Blogger skullhead said...

15mph cause I was DRAAAAAAAgin! I'll be in shape and ready for those hills again by the time you're back from India! Good ride!

3/08/2009 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home