Wednesday, March 26, 2008

three hour tour

I'm making a comeback. Dicky better watch out. Took the singlespeed out for a three hour tour of the West Hartford Reservoir. It was painful at times seeing as my fitness has dropped quite a bit over the past few months. However, my technical skills are still top notch. Whoa hoo. Those fallen trees had nothing on me.

Trail conditions were awesome. Not very wet at all and just the perfect tacky-ness for great traction.

Rode the new, custom, Seven Ti handlebar. Feels great but I think it might be a tad too low. Got all the stem shims underneath it so I'm thinking I might need a new stem. We'll get a few more rides in first before I go ordering a new stem. Also have to get around to shortening the brake lines. Oh, Stan's rimstrip is out of the rear wheel. Yup. I've gone rimstripless and relying on my Maxxis tires, three scoops of Stan's sealant and Mavic's tubeless rim construction. Gotta convert the front wheel over..



Ding Ding!




Actually rode the entire day with the glasses on. I typically can't ride with glasses. Strange...


Which way do we go George?




Two rides on the new chain and its stretched a bit. Time to take out that chain slack. ECC BB to the rescue!


Found some pictures of Omega from Christmas time.

There are times where he will actually stop being a spaz and sleep..

2 Comments:

Blogger It's me, AV! said...

I heard rumors of some long road ride Sunday? I may blow off the Bethel training crit. and come play.

3/28/2008 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's woo hoo, and you stole g-dog's pose.
hahaha

3/28/2008 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home