Sunday, December 09, 2007

head-on into a train

I'll never forget riding down those railroad tracks on day four and hearing the whistle of a train. This pretty much sums what I saw.





I haven't been doing much since La Ruta. My singlespeed is in pieces awaiting a thorough cleaning and rebuild post-Costa Rica. Haven't touched a bike in a few weeks. Okay, I take that back. I rode to the bar on my track bike one evening with Matt. The recent cold is taking its toll on me. I'm usually really good about this being one that loves the winter but these past few weeks have been too cold. All I've wanted to do it sit inside next to the fire..

Work has been crazy. Nothing like the holiday season and your primary task is behind schedule. Good news about the AVant. Last weekend a new clutch was installed. Within a few weeks it'll have double the power it currently has now! Other than that, I've been trying to finish a bunch of remodeling projects around the house that go largely unnoticed during bike season.

Its been a good few weeks off. I was thinking I might continue through the end of the month but I've been excessively tired all the time. Esp with 12+ hours of sleep at night. Why? Hmm. Only thing I can think of is that 95% of the year I'm riding my bike or doing some form of exercise. Going from such a high level of intensity to nothing is screwing my body up. I need to go to some low level of intensity rather than none. So, this week I'll hop back on my bike and see what happens..


3 Comments:

Blogger sean said...

you gonna be in jersey for the holidays? http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3848

12/11/2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger brilliantAMES said...

I hope your doing well. Don't push yourself too hard with work and biking. I don't want to be around a sick Dougy Fresh for Xmas. I hope you like what I got you!!!

P.S. I love that picture. I can't believe you got the chance to do that race. I'm very proud and jealous of you.

12/16/2007 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, I cant wait to actually do that stage next year. I will take cipro from day 1 to ensure I dont get sick and can finish!!

12/18/2007 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home