Tuesday, November 27, 2007

'07 La Ruta - table of contents

Am I Ready?

The Calm before the Storm

We're Back

Day Zero Recap

Day One Recap

Day Two Recap

Day Three Recap

Day Four Recap


La Ruta was quite an experience. I'm thankful for the opportunity to give it a shot and am ecstatic with my performance and being able to share with you my experiences. I hope you enjoy reading what I have compiled here despite how much content it is.

This has marked the end of my 2007 cycling season.
What an amazing year! This was the most enjoyable one yet. I have met some wonderful people, made some new friends, set goals and met or exceeded them as well as learned quite a bit along the way. All in all, a very successful and fun-oriented year!

I want to thank Carl and the gang at Vicious Cycles for their continued support. The bikes have been flawless all season. Thank you Ghostship clothing and TwinSix for their mighty fine threads. Glad to have helped contribute to the right-coast contingent of the BKB. Thanks for keeping it real. Thank you Maxxis for some great tires. Everyone at High Gear Cyclery, thanks once again for everything. Keep doing what you do best! Thanks Jeff and Ergon for helping add comfort to long days on the bike. Thanks to all my friends and family that think. Whether I'm 'loco' or not, I'm enjoying every minute of it and want to keep pushing those boundaries!

I have not given much thought into the 2008 season but I do know it will, at a minimum, consist of more 100milers and the SSWC08. I really would like to go back and do La Ruta again but I'll be scraping for vacation days at work on that one (as if I didn't do that this year).

Check back often. As the winter progresses I'm sure there will be some bike related stuff to share with you.

Thanks!
Doug

1 Comments:

Blogger TriDaddy said...

Haven't made it through all of your race reports yet, but congrats on your finish! I was down there are well for my first ever mountain bike race and loved it!

11/28/2007 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home