Wednesday, January 24, 2007

wed night rides

Last week's ride was frigid. I think it was around 20degF or colder out. I got a good hour and forty five minute ride in without freezing too bad. Wore my neoprene knee-brace for the first time on the bike. My knee felt pretty good.

This week's ride was a lot of fun. Upper 30s. Dusting of snow on the ground from Monday's storm. It felt so warm I didn't wear my shoe covers, had an insulated jersey and vest on and even my summer full-finger gloves with liners underneath. The whole time I was perfectly warm. The knee-brace helped again. The only complaint I have with it is that it bunches up behind the knees. Guess that's a small price to pay for not having pain. I'm slowly getting it through my thick skull that anti-inflamitories, nightly icing down of my knee, and a knee-brace will help me. Not to mention daily stretching and my strengthening regimen I do on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the gym. Riding my geared bike also helps seeing as I can shift to an easier gear and not kill myself. After all, its January. Why should I be killing myself on a weekly ride with no up and coming races?

So, tonight I felt great. Tomorrow: gym. Then repeat the cycle next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home