Monday, September 18, 2006

getting ready for VT50

My unorthodox training style doesn't seem to be working right now. It appears to be fatiguing my body even more than two back-to-back weekends of SS riding...

I spent last week feverishly working panic tasks in the office while daydreaming a way to fix the oil problem with my Audi. Fixed the car (narrowly missing a partial engine rebuild), finished the panic tasks at work (and have successfully warded off the 10+ times everyone stops by my desk asking if things are done), nursing a sore back (rather taking a lot of muscle relaxers) and even managed to get a SS ride in with my sore left knee. Halfway through my bike ride last week my knee started feeling better and just like that everything got worse.... Yup. Faceplant coming through a slow turn.

I thought easy rides were supposed to be easy? My fall was minature tree-stump induced. I was going through a very tight, very slow right turn. While looking at the exit of the turn my front tire caught said root and I went down hard. Cut open my right kneecap, bruised my bum and managed to semi-twist my left ankle. 6days later... I'm feeling better and my knee is healing up well. Overall though I'm still tired and need rest.

Maybe this week I'll get back on the SS in preparation for the vermont 50. In the meantime you can find me commuting across Hartford on my fixed gear (and not falling).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneaky, Sneaky.

ps HATE the whole "word verification" thing.

9/19/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger dougyfresh said...

should be fixed now.

9/19/2006 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home