Monday, March 12, 2012

more than just racing

This year we're doing more than just racing.

This spring starts off with two events which are for a good cause.

The first one is Tim Johnson's Ride on Washington. This coming Friday Tim Johnson and a bunch of fellow bicyclists will be leaving Boston on bike enroute to Washington DC. What is in DC? The National Bicycle Summit is next week in DC and they felt it was more prudent to ride their bicycles to Washington. The other intent of the ride is to raise awareness of bicycling and bring attention to the needs of transportation via bicycle and the infrastructure associated with.

I will be joining them on Saturday riding from Hartford CT to wherever I feel like turning around and coming home. Last year I made it pretty much to the CT western border (Cannondale Headquarters in Bethel). Not sure what this year will bring but I plan on riding my bike to at least Bethel. Perhaps I'll make it all the way to NYC? We will find out.

If you feel this is a worth cause and would like to contribute a monetary contribution please click on this link. Thank You!






A few weeks later, Ginger and I will be heading out to Martha's Vineyard to do a 30 mile ride around the island in support of Multiple Sclerosis. She did this on her own with a team of friends last year. I have decided to join her and her friends this year. We are doing this ride in support of Ginger's mother, whom was diagnosed with MS a few years ago.

The ride is on May 5th. I am looking forward to this more than I am the Tim Johnson Ride. Most likely because it hits close to home and I am participating with someone that means the world to me. If you would like to support us via a monetary contribution please click here. Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony C said...

http://bikewalkct.org/

Bike Walk CT is organizing some stuff around the Tim Johnson event. I'll be in FL for work or I too would be riding with. Have fun!

3/13/2012 6:54 AM  
Blogger TheMutt said...

Donated.

3/13/2012 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home