Monday, April 04, 2011

gary fisher likes ergon

Gary Fisher flew out to Connecticut this past weekend to say hello*. You know, the guy that helped create what we now call mountain biking? Yeah, he felt he'd fly across the country for part of the weekend.

Word has it that he heard my Ergon grip shipment arrived and wanted to see first hand how the new white GS1s match with my Superfly singlespeed.
Pretty damn good if you ask me.

While he was here he signed the top tube of my bike for me.

We also got to chat about 29inch wheeled mountain bikes, riding bicycles all over the world, his wardrobe**, Niner crabon fjorks on Trek/Gary Fisher G2-offset frames and the love for riding bicycles.

At one point I did opt for a photo even though he told me he'd be back sometime soon to check up on how things are going.

"Bicycles are fun!"


He told us all kinds of stories from his racing days while we shared ours. It was quite fun to hear what everyone had to say as we all had similar experiences but on different levels. He was overly interested about my experiences riding and racing against some of the top mountain bikers from Nepal. Its quite amazing where our bicycle travels take us and the amazing people we meet along the way. It is conversations like that where I am reminded as to how thankful I truely am for the places my bicycle riding takes me and the people I meet.




** mine was better thanks to my t-shirt and new classic Vans Checkerboard slip-ons


* actually, he was out here on business and I caught wind of it and introduced myself and got to chat about bikes with him for a while

4 Comments:

Blogger CB2 said...

Where was this?

4/05/2011 6:13 AM  
Blogger TheMutt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/05/2011 8:20 AM  
Blogger Christopher Averett said...

How do you like the Niner fork set up with the Fisher G2 frame? Has it made any change to the ride characteristics?

4/05/2011 8:27 AM  
Blogger dougyfresh said...

Branford.

The bike feels a bit snappy. I kind of like it with the shorter offset fork.

4/13/2011 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home