Friday, May 28, 2010

the wrong way to prepare for a stage race

Here is my quick five step guide as to how NOT to prepare correctly for a mountain bike stage race. I think this is a much better approach than Dicky's preparation strategy as well as Jeremiah Bishop's strategy.

1) go to a company picnic five days prior

2) eat company provided food at said picnic

3) contract stomach bug from eating company provided food at said picnic

4) allow body to refuse to keep any food in body days post picnic

5) loose weight as a result of not eating/retaining good, healthy food and nutrients


That is right. On Tuesday I was at a company picnic and had lunch. Tuesday afternoon my internals started making all kinds of noises. No, it wasn't Kuato wanting to get out. Wednesday wasn't much better but I did manage a two hour mountain bike ride in 100degF heat. Thursday I started feeling much better. Today I took a few steps backwards.

I blame it on 'Big Brother'. Another way for him to make me not enjoy my time away from the office.

Guess I am racing the Translyvania Epic next week with some wet wipes in my jersey pocket. Don't be alarmed if I suddenly veer off trail when infront of you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Georges Rouan said...

Good luck Doug- I hope the wet wipes are not needed.

6/02/2010 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home