Tuesday, May 25, 2010

getting ready for Transylvania

This coming Saturday we're traveling to central PA for the Translyvania Epic mountain bike stage race.

Dave Cormier and I have been trying to get some long rides (4+ hrs) in the past few weekends. So far, with great success.

This past weekend we explored Case Mountain area and Gay City State Park for 4.5hours. I felt pretty good.

Turns out I did get three punctures in my tires but Stan's Tire Sealant kept me rolling and I only stopped once or twice to put a small amount of additional air in the tires. These tires are quite old and the sidewalls are starting to deteriorate.



All things considered. I think we're ready for Transylvania. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

EDIT: I did replace these tires with a brand new set of Crossmarks for the event.

During the event, you can keep tabs on us through their website or facebook page.

2 Comments:

Blogger CB2 said...

You are going to put on new(er) tires, right?

5/25/2010 8:11 AM  
Blogger dougyfresh said...

I guess I missed that minute detail.

Yes, I have a set of new Crossmarks that I put on last night.

5/25/2010 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home